- Bite on the gauze pads during 15 minutes after extraction.
- Do not eat for the first two hours. If necessary , you may drink water after 30 minutes.
- Do not consume hot foods and drinks in the first day.
- Smoking may increase the bleeding and may alter the healing. Do not smoke at least for the first 48 hours.
- Do not spit or rinse excessively or engage in physical activity since this stimulates bleeding. Some oozing could last up to 24 hours.
- If heavy bleeding persists, replace the gauze with a clean folded gauze pad over the extraction site and maintain pressure until the bleeding stops.
Contact The Doctor If:
- Bleeding is excessive and cannot be controlled.
- Discomfort is poorly controlled.
- Swelling is excessive, spreading , or continuing to enlarge after 48 hours.
- Allergies or other reactions to medications occur.